Black Press Media is looking for a Multimedia Journalist to join our fast-paced Cariboo news team, focusing on the community of Clearwater, B.C.
Black Press Media is rapidly expanding its multimedia platforms, built on a foundation of highly
respected community newspapers known for their accuracy, insight, and integrity. As a digital-first news network, the successful candidate must be deadline driven and be able to meet daily digital deadlines.
The successful candidate possesses outstanding leadership and communication skills, keen attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure. A passion for community storytelling is a must and eagerness to infuse multimedia into coverage is encouraged.
Key attributes and skills include:
- Excellent self-editing skills across all platforms
- A formal journalism degree or diploma
- Thorough understanding of social media, photography, video, and print journalism. Broadcast experience is an asset
- Understanding of urgency for coverage of breaking news online
- Initiative and determination to improve and supplement both digital and print platforms
- Ability to multitask
- Experience slotting a weekly newspaper is an asset
The Clearwater Journalist will be supported by the Publisher, as well as the Regional Editor, who oversees editorial content across five hyperlocal newsrooms.
The successful applicant will be joining a team of journalists at all points of their careers, including highly experienced editors and senior reporters, paving way for plenty of mentorship opportunities.
- Producing quality articles and videos on a daily basis
- Review analytics and listening tools to maximize digital audiences
- Be the editorial face to local readers in the community
- Communicating daily with the digital content editor and nearby editors
- Responsible for the social media posting of stories through the publication’s platforms
- Assist with slotting the weekly print product
About Clearwater, B.C.:
Described as the “Gateway to Wells Gray Park”, Clearwater is a magnet for tourism and one of
the most beautiful communities in the Thompson-Okanagan region, backed by strong tourism
and forestry sectors. Recreational activities that transcend all seasons of the year include hiking, fishing, and camping.
Black Press Media is a leading local news champion with operations across British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Washington State, Alaska, and Hawaii. Over 1,500 talented employees work with us to deliver unique community news and information across a full suite of traditional media channels and digital platforms. We value diverse viewpoints, new ways of thinking and a collaborative approach to delivering results.
Our journalists are among the very best in Canada. And we invest in those who excel, offering
competitive salary, benefits, and pension packages. Applicants must be able to legally work in Canada and hold a valid driver’s licence. A reliable vehicle and smartphone are required.
Send your cover letter, resume, and samples of work to:
Digital Content Editor,
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.