We are currently looking for an energetic team player to join our fast-paced accounting office.
This is a high volume position with several key deadlines each month. Strong Excel and organizational skills are a must.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Ensuring proper verification and approval of invoices
- Entry of vendor invoices, charging expenses to appropriate GL accounts and cost centers
- Paying vendors; schedule and prepare cheques, US ACH payments and weekly CDN EFT’s
- Verify and process employee expense reimbursements
- Reconcile vendor statements; communicate and respond to their inquiries
- Assist with month end reports
- Complete vendor credit applications
- Other duties as assigned
What You Bring:
- Minimum of one year experience in Accounting is preferred (Accounts Receivable or Accounts Payable)
- Post secondary education in Accounting or Business Diploma
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel
- Effective organization and problem solving skills
- Time management abilities
- Written and verbal communication skills
Black Press Media is a leading North American local news champion with operations across British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Washington State, Alaska and Hawaii. Over 1,500 talented employees work with us to deliver unique community news and information across a full suite of traditional media channels and digital platforms. We value diverse viewpoints, new ways of thinking and a collaborative approach to delivering results.
The rate of pay is $20.00 – $24.00 per hour depending on experience.
If you want to be part of a great company, please send your resume to:
Accounts Payable Team Lead, Black Press Media
Application will be accepted until position is filled.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.