Black Press Media has a prime opportunity for an experienced feature writer interested in the farm-to-table movement and the agriculture sector.
The successful applicant will:
- Possess outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Enjoy a wide range of writing assignments, photography, video, social media engagement, and page layout.
- Have flexibility, attention to detail, and the ability to develop story ideas.
- Will work with publishers across the province to create regional magazines that will appeal to a broad spectrum of readers and advertisers.
- Produce quality written articles and video reports, as well as opinion writing.
Prior experience writing about rural life and the farming industry is considered an asset.
About Black Press Media:
Black Press Media is a leading local news champion with operations across British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Washington State, Alaska, and Hawaii. Over 1,500 talented employees work with us to deliver unique community news and information across a full suite of traditional media channels and digital platforms. We value diverse viewpoints, new ways of thinking and a collaborative approach to delivering results.
Our journalists are among the very best in Canada. And we invest in those who excel, offering competitive salary, benefits, and pension packages.
Those wishing to apply for this position can send their cover letter and resumes to:
Black Press Media Canadian Division
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.