We have an immediate opening for a Lead Bindery Operator to join our growing team. The position is Permanent full-time and offers a great career opportunity for a successful applicant who is highly experienced in the finishing aspect of Commercial Offset Printing.
The position requires the candidate to be detail oriented and able to handle high volume production. Bindery duties are primarily operating 9 pocket Mueller with the ability to run other bindery equipment when needed, as well as hand-work duties as required.
- Responsible for setting-up, maintaining, and operating 9 pocket Mueller efficiently and as needed; observes machines to detect malfunctions throughout production run.
- Adjusts machine to ensure that the job is finished to required size and specifications and troubleshoots problems with equipment.
- Maintenance of all bindery equipment.
- Understanding and verifying job specifications and requirements.
- Work with the production coordinator to plan production to meet client demands.
- Organize and direct helpers.
- Completing quality checks to ensure stringent quality standards are met.
- Keeping work area and equipment clean.
- Keep attention to detail by checking items for accuracy and errors and make suggestions to improve job quality, cost and time involved to complete a job.
- Mentors and trains fellow teammates on machines and processes as needed.
- Assists with other bindery operation procedures when necessary.
- Participate and support in continuous improvement and the development of best practices within and across departments.
Additional Duties: The above responsibilities do not imply that these are the only duties to be completed. Any other job-related duties and instructions requested by your supervisor or Manager are expected to be performed.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Bindery Operator in a professional printing environment.
- Ability, aptitude, and willingness to multitask while working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to read and comprehend job Dockets and work instructions.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be a highly organized and detail-oriented individual.
- Mechanically inclined and production oriented.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a team member.
- Ability to maintain quality control processes and be a highly organized, self-motivated individual.
- Available for overtime when required.
Black Press Media is a leading North American local news champion with operations across British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Washington State, Alaska, and Hawaii. Over 1,500 talented employees work with us to deliver unique community news and information across a full suite of traditional media channels and digital platforms. We value diverse viewpoints, new ways of thinking and a collaborative approach to delivering results.
Please email your resume to:
Plant Manager, Central Web Calgary
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.