Black Press Media, a leading hyperlocal community news network, is seeking a talented and motivated Data Analyst to join our dynamic team.
As a data-driven news media company, we are committed to providing accurate, engaging, and localized news content to our audiences across multiple platforms. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual with a strong analytical background to contribute to the success of our organization.
This position is based at our head office in Surrey, B.C.
The successful applicant will collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify key data requirements, establish measurement frameworks and develop reporting systems that align with business objectives.
Competencies in collecting, organizing and analyzing large volumes of data from various sources is integral, as well as generating regular reports, dashboards and visualizations to communicate data-driven insights and performance metrics to stakeholders at all levels.
The successful applicant will be expected to conduct in-depth data exploration to identify patterns, trends and insights that inform various strategies. A passion to identify opportunities and recommend process improvements and data-driven solutions to enhance efficiency and effectiveness is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Data Analyst, preferably within the news media industry or a related field.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools such as SQL and Excel.
- A good understanding of statistical analysis, data visualization and data modelling techniques.
- Familiarity with web analytics platforms preferred (e.g., Google Analytics), SEO tools (e.g., SEMrush, Moz).
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to translate complex data into clear, actionable insights and present them effectively to diverse stakeholders.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work effectively within cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS) and digital publishing platforms is an asset.
About Black Press Media:
Black Press Media is a leading North American local news organization with operations across British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Washington State, Alaska, and Hawaii. Over 1,500 talented employees work with us to deliver unique community news and client solutions across a full suite of traditional media channels and digital platforms. We value diverse viewpoints, new ways of thinking and a collaborative approach to delivering results.
We offer competitive salary and benefit packages, as well as the opportunity to advance within the company’s management structure.
Those wishing to apply can send their cover letter and resume to:
Andrew Franklin, VP of Digital Operations
Candidates must be able to legally work in Canada.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.