If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where teamwork is encouraged, we’d like to work with you!
Black Press Group Ltd., one of British Columbia’s leading employers, is seeking a reliable, conscientious, and mechanically adept person interested in entering a four-year development program to become an Apprentice Press Person (Offset Journeyperson) in our Ladysmith, British Columbia, production facility. The successful applicant will work with an experienced, close-knit team responsible for maintaining and operating press and pre-press equipment that produces numerous weekly newspapers, Vancouver Island’s largest daily newspaper, and many other commercial print products in a high quality and cost-effective manner, six days a week.
The successful applicant will posses the following interests and attributes:
- Interest in learning a trade that produces high-quality print results on a consistent basis.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on meeting deadlines and customer expectations.
- Well-developed verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable with computers and learning how to use them to operate printing and pre-press press.
- Technical knowledge/mechanical aptitude in other production environments helpful.
- Understands the importance of equipment maintenance and enjoys same.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
This apprenticeship opportunity is a full-time position, offering a highly competitive wage and benefit plan, leading to a permanent full-time journeyperson’s position upon successful completion of the apprenticeship program.
Black Press Media is a leading North American local news champion with operations across British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Washington State, Alaska, and Hawaii. Over 1,500 talented employees work with us to deliver unique community news and information across a full suite of traditional media channels and digital platforms. We value diverse viewpoints, new ways of thinking and a collaborative approach to delivering results.
Qualified applicants should send a resume to:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.