Love to tell stories through video? Have a passion for curating snappy and punchy social media posts? Black Press Media is looking for a talented communicator and marketer to connect with our millions of monthly readers through video and content curation.
Our ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has creative vision when it comes to video – from initial concept to execution.
The successful candidate will be joining the largest private media company in Western Canada and play a key role in our video and social engagement growth. This position is supported and led by our Engagement Manager.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Writing content and creating videos with an emphasis on stories that deliver peak engagement
- Amplifying our credible news content with compelling video
- Delivering these videos across our social media platforms
- Incorporating key branding – understanding tone is a must
- Collaborate with our lifestyle and outdoors based digital products
- Working with our sponsored content team
- Actively support new initiatives for further audience growth
The successful candidate must have a nuanced understanding of digital engagement strategies with an emphasis on video and social.
- Communications-based education, university-level preferred
- Proficient understanding of grammar; CP Style an asset but not required
- Experience in basic video editing
- Basic knowledge of Social Media Analytics
- Understanding of basic video editing software, such as iMovie, Final Cut and Canva
- Understanding of basic video marketing and social trends
- Have good time management and be deadline driven
- Prior experience in a similar role is an asset
The successful candidate must be a team player, able to multitask and execute in a complex digital publishing environment.
Black Press Media is a leading North American local news champion with operations across British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Washington State, Alaska, and Hawaii. Over 1,500 talented employees work with us to deliver unique community news and information across a full suite of traditional media channels and digital platforms. We value diverse viewpoints, new ways of thinking and a collaborative approach to delivering results.
We offer highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Those interested should email a resume and cover letter to:
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.