The Revelstoke Review is looking for a Multimedia Editor interested in making their mark as part of the largest multimedia reporting force in British Columbia.
As Editor, the ideal candidate should have experience editing news stories, as well as a laser-focus on news values and passion for amplifying community journalism.
The Revelstoke Review is part of Black Press Media’s Okanagan regional news team. This position is based in the Revelstoke newsroom and supported by a local Publisher and Bureau Chief.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess excellent understanding of social media, photography, video and digital writing, with broadcast training an asset.
- Hold good time management with the ability to assign deadline-based stories, and ensure they are seen through to publication.
- Have knowledge of iMovie and Canadian Press style.
- Demonstrate initiative and determination to improve and supplement digital and print platforms.
- Produce quality written articles that maintain a local-first lens.
- Be well-versed in multi-platform coverage of breaking news, feature writing and all beats in between.
Ideal for those who seek adventure, Revelstoke is known for its skiing and outdoor enthusiasts. With plenty of camping around, as well as hiking through one of Canada’s federal parks, the community is bustling year-round with visitors who have plenty of opportunity to see the charm through plenty of local businesses and events.
About Black Press Media:
Black Press Media is a leading North American local news champion with operations across British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Washington State, Alaska, and Hawaii. Over 1,500 talented employees work with us to deliver unique community news and information across a full suite of traditional media channels and digital platforms. We value diverse viewpoints, new ways of thinking and a collaborative approach to delivering results.
We offer competitive salary and benefit packages, as well as the opportunity to advance within the company’s editorial structure.
Those wishing to apply for this position can send their cover letter and resumes to:
Editorial Director, Canadian Division
Bureau Chief, Interior South Division
Candidates must be able to legally work in Canada. A valid driver’s licence, reliable vehicle and smartphone are mandatory.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.