Black Press Media and the Penticton Western News are looking for a strategic, creative, and passionate Marketing/Sales Consultant to join our team.
The Penticton Western News is a cornerstone of the community, as the #1 source for news in the South Okanagan. This is a position we do not take lightly. Our tradition of high-quality journalism, integrity, and respect for each other and our community are values we hold close to our hearts. We work together to get things done right and because of this collaboration, we’ve created an atmosphere that’s fun, supportive, and alive with energy!
- Constantly seeking opportunities for growth, you will bring new advertisers to the Penticton Western News and other Black Press markets as well as grow the client base you already have.
- You will lead with curiosity, consulting with customers and prospects to understand what is most important to them, where their challenges are and identify solutions to help them achieve their goals, improving their overall profitability.
- You will be responsible for the profitability of your overall territory, maximizing the tools that Black Press provides you, to exceed your customer’s expectations of service, quality, and partnership.
- Your activities will include, but not be limited to, facilitating client purchases, presentation of solution packages to prospects and client, as well staying current on industry trends through Black Press University training to ensure you are a subject matter expert in your field.
- Annual growth in sales and margin is an expectation.
- Act as a business partner to customer accounts, with a focus on helping the customer increase their business, providing solutions as needed, utilizing the Black Press full suite of marketing solutions.
- Promote new products and marketplace trends to new and existing customers.
- Maintain current customer records and profiles through leveraging the CRM tool daily.
- Review sales to target reports to evaluate progress and sales volume by tracking budgets and business plans to consistently increase volume and profitability.
- Liaise with your Publisher to identify opportunities that exist to increase business by leveraging our complete audience. Carry out all other responsibilities as required by the Publisher.
- Represent the Penticton Western News and Black Press in a positive manner in the community and effectively communicate the mission and story of the organization.
This position will service the South Okanagan area including Penticton, Summerland, Keremeos, Oliver and Osoyoos and the successful applicant must reside within this region.
Skills You Bring:
- This position requires attention to detail, accuracy, and a focus on delivering results that positively impact the business
- Be passionate about marketing and developing campaigns that meet the needs of your clients.
- Understand marketing and advertising techniques, including what makes an effective ad, or you have a willingness to learn.
- Work well with a team and know that each person is vital to the success of the campaign.
- Care about your local community and local businesses.
- Must be a self-starter who takes initiative, drives results, and has strong sales communication skills, which include verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Must have own vehicle, valid driver’s license, and current insurance
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Must be dependable, accurate, aggressive and focus driven
- Well-developed negotiation skills
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, and EFAP Benefits after 90 days of employment
- Fast-paced, never-a-dull-moment work environment
- Opportunity to meet business leaders in the community
- Competitive compensation plan
Black Press Media is a leading North American local news champion with operations across British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Washington State, Alaska, and Hawaii. Over 1,500 talented employees work with us to deliver unique community news and information across a full suite of traditional media channels and digital platforms. We value diverse viewpoints, new ways of thinking and a collaborative approach to delivering results.
Email your resume with cover letter to
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.