Are you passionate about promoting your employer’s brand? Do you love telling your employer’s story to potential candidates to showcase how your business is significant to the local communities they serve? If that is you, come work for Black Press Media and help us tell our amazing story to potential candidates to recruit them to join the Black Press Media team.
We are looking for an experienced Recruiter to join our HR team to lead the strategic candidate sourcing and full-cycle recruitment needs of our operations.
- Develop an understanding of the business, external market, and trends that impact the company, including understanding key stakeholders and maintaining a pipeline of candidates for future opportunities.
- In partnership with the local leadership teams, manage the full sourcing and recruitment process with the objective of identifying candidates who have high potential and are aligned with the values of Black Press Media
- Responsible for sourcing, screening, and interviewing candidates while creating influential candidate relationships;
- Build and maintain a pipeline of qualified candidates to effectively minimize the time required to fill open positions;
- Schedule and coordinate interviews with candidates and relevant local leadership as needed;
- Research and recommend new and innovative sources to recruit active and passive candidates, as well as understand and research the competitive landscape to source for top talent;
- Develop recruitment strategies with industry partners, post secondary institutions, and government;
- Work collaboratively with our internal social media champions to source candidates;
- Effectively use external channels including Indeed, LinkedIn, and specialized job boards;
- Organize and participate in career fairs and networking events and act as a brand ambassador for Black Press Media;
- Manage recruitment software; from posting open positions, processing applicants, all candidate communication throughout the recruitment phases, closing open requisitions, etc.;
- Ensure appropriate job references and backgrounds checks are completed:
- Manage all administrative functions, including reporting on the progress of assigned job vacancies on a regular basis; provide regular feedback on the performance of the recruitment process;
- Work closely with the HR team to improve onboarding and the employee experience from end-to-end
- Ensure all recruitment needs are carried out in an efficient, timely and cost-effective manner;
- Liaise with temp/recruitment agencies as needed;
- Post-Secondary degree in Human Resources or relevant field, CPHR designation preferred
- Three to five years direct experience recruiting for multiple markets, experience across different provinces and territories a definite asset
- Experience utilizing a variety of contemporary talent sourcing methods.
- Strong ability to establish effective working relationships with various stakeholders using a consultative approach and ensuring the delivery of superior customer service.
- Highly skilled at providing value-added strategic advice that is compliant with employment legislation, collective agreements, organizational procedures and human resources best practices, paired with comprehensive knowledge of employment-related legislation and human resource practices.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a fast-paced HR team and managing a high volume of recruitment activities with fluctuating deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills with the ability to identify solutions and manage competing stakeholder needs.
- Strong ability to address current and future recruitment/workforce challenges, anticipating possible complications and developing creative strategies/solutions using diverse perspectives to achieve key objectives.
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information with discretion;
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to use a variety of software
Our offerings: In addition to working with great people and a supportive work culture, Black Press offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package.
With roots in some of the oldest, trusted newspapers in B.C., Alberta, Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut, today Black Press Media offers award-winning news-gathering across Western Canada and beyond – both online and in print. This, paired with innovative opportunities to connect businesses with customers across the print, web and social sphere, has firmly established Black Press Media as Western Canada’s go-to source for relevant, trusted news and sales solutions.
Over 1,500 talented employees work with us to deliver unique community news and information across a full suite of traditional media channels and digital platforms. We value diverse viewpoints, new ways of thinking and a collaborative approach to delivering results.
Qualified applicants should send a resume and covering letter outlining how you meet the above requirements to Human Resources by email to:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.