Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment and love helping local northern businesses succeed? If so, you could be the perfect fit for our General Manager role!
The Yukon News is looking for a general manager who has a strong focus on business development, sales and marketing. We want you to build customer relationships, and lead a small but mighty team of sales and creative professionals with confidence.
The Yukon News, located in beautiful Whitehorse, Yukon, is a part of Black Press Media, a leading North American local news champion with significant audience and operations in British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Washington State, Alaska, and Hawaii. Over 1,500 talented employees work with us to deliver news and information across a full suite of traditional media channels, digital and social platforms. We offer full service advertising and marketing solutions for all types of businesses. We value diverse viewpoints, new ways of thinking and a collaborative approach to delivering results.
We offer competitive salary and benefit packages.
As the General Manager you will be a member of our senior leadership team. Your focus will be developing, motivating and empowering your team to deliver advertisng and marketing solutions to Yukon businesses, non-profit organizations, First Nation governments, as well as territorial and municipal government clients.
The successful applicant will:
- Be responsible for achieving revenue and profit targets
- Train and develop the sales and marketing team to meet or exceed customer and business expectations
- Develop new business opportunities
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company’s unique business propositions and differentiators
- Collaborate with other Leadership team members
Key Skills and Experience:
- Excellent collaboration, written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Solid understanding of media, marketing and sales functions
- Time management and excellent prioritization skills a must
Forward resume and cover letter to:
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.