The Stettler Independent has an opening for a regional multi-media reporter.
If you possess solid communication skills, a love of telling stories, and the ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven environment, this may be the career for you.
The successful applicant will report on a range of news. They will be able to manage a wide range of writing assignments, photography, video and social media engagement.
The successful candidate will:
• Possess a good understanding of social media, photography, video and journalism
• Will have a sense of urgency around breaking news
• Demonstrate initiative and determination to improve and supplement both digital and print platforms.
• Produce quality written articles and video reports
• Hold a degree or diploma in journalism or relevant discipline
• A valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and smartphone are required
Stettler is situated in the heart of Alberta and offers boundless recreational amenities in an active, thriving region.
Black Press Media is a leading North American local news champion with operations across British Columbia, Alberta, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Washington State, Alaska, and Hawaii. Over 1,500 talented employees work with us to deliver unique community news and information across a full suite of traditional media channels and digital platforms. We value diverse viewpoints, new ways of thinking and a collaborative approach to delivering results
Forward a resume and cover letter
by December 17 to:
Emily Jaycox, Regional Editor
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.